Time rolls round for a maintenance docking to black the boat and do some minimal remedial welding.
'Song of the Waterways' was last out and blacked 3 years ago, though this year I decided to complete my summer cruise and get the scraping etc over beforehand.
On the booked date, I brought the boat over to the engineering dock, however, due to the idiosyncrasies of the vintage engine and speedwheel, needed to guide the boat on the docking sledge.
Once on the dock, the views are great, though it is windy!
In discussion with the Workshop Manager, I decided to have some mid-anodes put on.
Blacking and welding completed and the tunnel bands given a fresh coat of paint, The Song is now back in the water, on it's berth for the Winter.
Looking back at my berth, having just reversed out
Slowly approaching the slipway
Up onto the docking sledge
Being towed into position on the dock - the summer flowers have definitely had it!
View from up top!
Up on the blocks, washed off, awaiting inspection
Showing the older anode done in - there is life in the newer one
Looking shipshape with blacking done, counter bands painted and the two pairs of mid-anodes fitted